Home
Blog Mistress
Tutorial
Tutorial
Banner Exchange

First essay

My Family

"Family according to the world's most trusted dictionary is a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household. To me, family means a bond created with love and tenderness. It also means people who love you either way, related to each other and do things together. Even if you're an orphan living in a foster house, you still have a family, just slightly different and better; with a large amount of siblings.

  My name is 'Ainaa Sofia binti Ramzani. I am thirteen years old. I share the same birth date as the United States of America's independence day, 4th of July. My mission is to be a successful novelist one day. Like any other human beings on Earth, I have a family too. My family consists of six members; both of my parents, my brother, my older & younger sister and yours truly, me. We live in section __, Shah Alam excluding my brother.

  My father's name is Ramzani bin Abdul Raub. He was born on 4th of December _____ in Melaka. For just a smalltown boy, he did a very splendid job in his education. With no current tuition centre near his isolated village nor were his parents are able to send him to one, he managed to obtain straight As in all of his examinations. He was the talk of the own on Melaka's radio station for about a month. Not only he was ingenious in his studies, he was also active in co-curricular activities. Back in the days, he represented his school to compete in chess with all schools around Singapore. He then continued playing his favourite pastime in college and made it in USA and Canada. He is now working as an IT consultant in ______. Although he may seem as a strict father, deep down he actually is an affectionate person. I figured he used Julius Caesar's term, "veni, vidi, vici" which means "I came, I saw, I conquer" in Latin. I want to pursue my dreams just like he pursued his.

 My mother is Zarifah binti Othman. She was born on the 2nd of May _____. She works as a teacher in Kolej Vokasional Klang. I always told her that she was destined to be an educator since her birthday is only a few days apart from World's Teachers' Day. She is an amiable type of woman which I can't believe I didn't inherit that gene from her, sadly. She is also a shopaholic and a schmoozer. She likes to make friends while shopping and will not ever quit bargaining the price to the lowest as possible.  She also enjoys gardening, baking and her meals are always divine and the best. While people these days look up to celebrities and make them as their rolemodels, they missed someone who is standing right infront of their very own eyes. My mother is my rolemodel, both of my parents are.

  Moving on to my brother, Ahmad Yusoff Helmi who is a computer geek. He is 19 years old and currently continuing his studies in a matriculation located at Perak. The word 'conceited' and 'facetious' describes him best. To be the eldest sibling in a family, to get 5as in your UPSR examination is like founding a bag of gold in your closet serendipitously. You earn your parents' trusts by fulfilling their hopes; to set yourself to be a good example to your siblings. My brother used to brag about his achievement all the time. When he told us siblings to do something that he can do by himself, the reason is always "because I got 5as" in a haughty way. In the end, he sure did score all 5as, from UPSR until SPM.

Other than that, my older sister, 'Aliaa Sakinah who is two years senior to me. She is 15 yeasrs old and she's going to sit for Penilaian Menengah Rendah this year which makes her batch the last year sitting for the examination and that she is securely safe from Pentaksiran Berasaskan Sekolah (PBS)'s grip. Her characteristic traits bewildered. My sister is interested in music, learning different types of languages and would like to be an English teacher when she grows up. She was and still the light wire of our family. Without her, every situation just seems dull.

  Lastly, the owner of an arabic name, 'eastern star' which makes her the most nuisance star I have ever met, 'Ainatul Soraya, my younger sister. She is now 12 years old and has officially become one of Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah's candidates. Furthermore, she is in the running towards becoming the next head prefect in her school. A lot of peculiar things happened especially during her process to be an infant. For instance, my mother almost named her 'Zaid' because the test results showed that she is a boy. She is also the only member in our family who wasn't born naturally. The doctor had to cut her off my mother's stomach because she was too big, hence my mother gave birth to a healthy 5.3 kg girl. As much as I hate her (in a loving way), she is still my independent sister I know and that is what sisters do.

  I was gifted and could not be grateful enough to have been brought in this world in this family. We learn to accept each other's flaws, love and support one another through ease and hardship. What I love most about my family is no matter how hard we fought, how harsh the words we spit at each other's faces because in the end, we will always get back together and stick as a family. I end this essay with a quote from a favourite childhood television animated series of mine, Lilo and Stitch. "Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten"

Written on Wednesday, 2nd of January 2013,
1KRK2, SMKS9"

It just surprises you when you realized how many things have changed throughout 2013. My brother is no longer in matrics, I am now an ex student of SMKS9 and my younger sister has already ended her primary school education as a proud assistant of the head's prefect. Just, how could time flies so fast? ToT 
"and when it's time, I'll leave the ocean behind"

Assalamualaikum.

8 comments:

Izzati Aqilah said...

full bi gituuuu. kehkeh

tiqa said...

comelnya design baru blog ni! Dah lama tak visit. :)

Hanani said...

update pun, bagussss! *thumbs up*

Mariatul said...

pandainya bi dia... ;-)

ed the meow said...

your engish is literally great ! i love yr writing ainaa . seriously i do .

Ainaa Ramzani said...

@Izzaati : Essay untuk subjek bi :p

@Noratiqah Adib : Well nahh, but thank you though :)

@Nurul Hanani : Kita punya manja awak saje boleh rasa, haha!

@Mariatul II : Ni perli ke apaaa? xP

@Silent Write : Oh thank you, but it's nothing really. :) I'm really flattered! haha

Anonymous said...

Probably the best essay I've ever read!

Dr.Laila said...

i love your essay! Hope your dream to be a novelist comes true !